Friday, August 20, 2010

About Me (:

About ten years ago, two families came together; A family of 3 and a family of 4. My fiance' had 2 kids from a previous relationship, and I had 3. We came together and lived under one roof. Those five kids are now all teenagers; One in eighth grade, a Freshman, a Sophmore, a Junior and a Senior in High School. Due to some unfortunate events in my family, a few years ago we were blessed with an 11 month old baby boy (now 3) and he brought on BIG changes! Back to diapers, baby food, bottles, potty training, and cartoons! Last but certainly not least, in July of 2011 my 10 year old niece came to live with us as well! So now we are My Mixed Up Family of 9! In one house we have 7 kids, 2 adults, 6 of them boys, and 3 of them girls, 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, 6 different grades in school, 1 with a car, 2 in driver's ed, 5 different last names, and no vans or SUV's...I started this blog to vent, share, help, ask for help, tell you how I do it, swear to the things that happen in this crazy house, and well to be honest, to see if I am the only crazy person in the world! Hope it is as entertaining for you, as it is for me! I hope that you all will really get to know this Mixed up Family of mine, I will post a short bio of everyone in posts to come, but there will be plenty of funny stories, recipes, and chaos in between! Thanks (:

8 comments:

  1. That does sound like one mixed up family! lol That is great that your making it work though!!! Good job Mama!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a family of 4, so all I can say is, "Family of 9!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You go!! our family is only 4 and we want to add 2 more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Big families are wonderful to have... Congrads on your new Blog.. Look forward to reading more..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family is one away from yours (though if you count the pets...). Whether or not we catch up to you is in God's hands. But really, once you get to a certain point, it's kinda just, "What's one more?" Anywho, I'm happy to have found your blog and look forward to commiserating with you on the joys of chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bigger the better! I have three children but the way they fight and argue you would think it's a football team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am extremely happy I "liked" your page on facebook and found even more information on your blog. I brought in 2 kids from 2 previous relationships (one being marriage) and my fiance brought in 2 from his previous marriage ... then, well we made the appointment to get him "fixed" and 2 days later found out we were expecting. So, we now have 4 kids (4th, 3rd, 2nd, and K)and 4 month old, and 2 adults under one roof. A cat and a dog too =) I think this will be a great place for me and others =) Really do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...i only have 2 kids lol....growing up I used to always want 5 lol. Sometimes I wish I could have another....but then my kids remind me as to why I stopped at 2 lol. One boy and one girl and only 16 months apart...and one minute, they could be the bestest of friends, and the next...their worst enemies lol.

    ReplyDelete